10 tips on how to provide the best customer service in restaurants
10 tips on how to provide the best restaurant customer service.
Customer service is a provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. “Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction- that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation.”
Here are 10 tips on how to provide the best restaurant customer service:- restaurant consulting
- Warm Welcome: - Its starts when the customer calls for reservation or walk in the door a pleasant welcome will set the tone for the dining experience. Follow with accommodating and anticipating the customer’s needs is service at its best.
- Body Language: - When you work in a restaurant you are always on stage, all eyes are on you. It’s imperative to always smile, focus on customers’ needs and speak clearly. Great posture sends an inviting and positive message to your customers.
- Attentiveness: - People highly appreciate the little things, so pay attention to your customers needs. Customers have faith and trust when you show a high level of attentiveness and anticipate all their needs. For instance if they order a steak make sure they have a steak knife.
- Caring: - Caring for your customers is like treating them like your guest at home. Customers appreciate when you pay attention, listen, and eye contact, engaged with them and be present.
- Order accuracy: - People like their food or drink the way they order it, so write it down, repeat it back to the customer to ensure order accuracy. When the order is correct you build trust and opportunities for more sales, if the order is wrong they lose faith and you loss sales.
- Temperature of food:- This one makes or breaks a restaurant because your food quality depends on the temperature of your food. So always serve hot food hot and cold food cold. The food eats and taste great at the correct temperature.
- Timeliness of service: - Properly time all courses to come out accordingly, nowadays people are on time constrains and have limited time to spend in a restaurant. Great timing from the reservation to the end game provides lots of opportunities to build sales and create relationships.
- Cleanliness: - Cleanliness is one critical area where customer’s judges a restaurant like restrooms, glassware and silverware etc and they use it as a measure to determine how clean the kitchen is. No one wants to eat with a fork that’s has soapy water spots on it or a dirty plate. These are little details areas that distinguished the good and great restaurants.
- Hospitality: - This is simply how restaurants thrive; hospitality is a relationship between a guest and a host is not a transaction. Get to know your customers.
- Fond farewell: - All guest should be thank and invitation to return. During this time you can ensure that all customers are completely satisfied before they leave the restaurant.